|Disney Paint The Night Electrical Parade|
|Soft opening date||May 21, 2015|
|Opening date||May 22, 2015|
|Replaced||Main Street Electrical Parade: DreamLights|
Paint the Night is an interactive nighttime parade at Hong Kong Disneyland that premiered on September 11, 2014. The Disneyland version of the parade will debut on May 22, 2015 as part of the park's 60th anniversary celebration.
The parade is a spiritual successor to the Main Street Electrical Parade, as it uses a newly-arranged version of that parade's theme song, "Baroque Hoedown", as its own, alongside an arrangement of Owl City's "When Can I See You Again?" from the 2012 Walt Disney Animation Studios film, Wreck-It Ralph.
Currently, there is one operational version of Paint The Night:
- Hong Kong Disneyland version (premiered on October 1, 2014)
- Disneyland version (will premiere on May 22, 2015 as part of the park's 60th-anniversary celebration)
The new nighttime parade has floats and costumes that light up with over 1.5 million LED lights. It will be similar but slightly different to the Hong Kong version of the parade, featuring special effects, and 76 performers. “Frozen” will be part of this parade, including appearances by Anna and Elsa.
“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! Disney proudly presents our spectacular pageant of nighttime magic and imagination. In millions of dazzling lights and outstanding musical sounds: It's the PAINT THE NIGHT ...... PARADE!”
- Opening Unit: Based on the 1953 animated film Peter Pan. Tinker Bell leads the way before a dazzling "color spiral" of sparkling fairy dust! She magically flies within this "color spiral" while spreading pixie dust all around her. Following Tinker Bell are glittering Fiber Fairies and the Pixel Painters. In the Disneyland version, this float is 40 feet long, with 44 universes of control and video screens, more than 850,000 points of light. Presenting the Disney Fairies such as Rosetta, Iridessa and Silvermist and also includes Peter Pan sitting on a tribute to the “drum unit” that led the classic “Main Street Electrical Parade” from 1972 to 1996 in Disneyland. Tinker Bell’s wand is handmade and is capped by a rosette from the original 1972 Main Street Electrical Parade. Also in this unit are the puppets from the World of Color Preshow: Genie from the 1992 animated film Aladdin, Lumiere from the 1991 animated film Beauty and the Beast, and Tigger from the 1977 animated film The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
- Monsters, Inc. Unit: Based on the 2001 Disney and Pixar film. The Scare Floor in Monstropolis comes to crazy, vivid life as Mike and Sulley navigate an array of vibrant, twirling doors! The doors contain embedded hi-res screens that feature an endless array of appearances by "surprise visitors" from Monsters, Inc. and 2013 Disney and Pixar film Monsters University. This is the only float that didn't have any excess will distract the guests with generous elements of attention (even no any kinds of dancers).
- Cars Unit: Based on the 2006 Disney and Pixar film. It includes Piston Cup champion Lightning McQueen in his World Grand Prix paint job, Mack (over 54 feet long, 18 feet tall) and DJ. Mack is driving along in a larger-than-life fashion, equipped with some very cool, giant "light display" panels affixed to his sides.
- The Little Mermaid Unit: Based on the 1989 animated film. Life under the sea is an underwater, watercolor wonderland of vibrant, glowing hues! King Triton, Princess Ariel and a school of glowing "sea creatures" fill the streets with their own briny brilliance. Sparkling animated figures that depict Sebastian and Flounder grace the float and join the party as well.
- Belle Candlelight Unit: Based on the 1991 animated film Beauty and the Beast. Vibrant projections that depict memorable and iconic moments from Belle's "tale as old as time" story fill her gown and travel upwards onto a giant tapestry of electric imagery, featuring unforgettable chapters from her beloved story. Her dress has 40 custom-designed jewels and the most decorative lighting caps of any float, and the video screen contains more than 500,000 pixels and presents scenes as well as floral graphic imagery and starry night skies. Following Belle are giant glowing candelabras that are framed by lovely Dove Dancers and a series of illuminated Court Couples. In the Disneyland version, the float is 26 feet long and the rose is 17 feet tall, and also includes Cinderella from the 1950 film Cinderella and Rapunzel from the 2010 animated film Tangled.
- Frozen Unit (Disneyland version only): Based on the 2013 Academy Award-winning hit animated film. A slice of Arendelle and its most famous inhabitants Princess Anna and Elsa the Snow Queen joined for the very first time in forever. Elsa has “Let it Go” her icy power and greeting everyone along, as Anna and the summer-lovable snowman Olaf frolic on the ice.
- Toy Story Unit: Based on the Disney and Pixar film. Slinky Dog (32 feet long, and his ears are 18 feet tall and 11 feet across) scampers along with Woody and Buzz Lightyear holding on for dear life! Slinky's ever-moving, ever-changing "coils" glow with eye-popping, ever-changing and iridescent patterns. Bringing additional excitement to the hoedown are the Lasso Poi Performers wielding light-up lassos. The 10 spinning disks rotate at 120 RPM and are programmed with custom video content. In the Disneyland version, this unit includes Jessie with the dancers. Also on the float, Woody sits in a different side and includes the Little Green Men.
- Mickey & Friends Finale Unit: For the grand finale, Sorcerer Mickey is the star of the celebration and takes center stage - riding high above our heads and leading the way to brighten up the Park with happiness and vibrant colors. Joining Mickey Mouse, on a series of Whirly-Balls from SpectroMagic, are Goofy, Donald Duck, and Minnie Mouse! This glittering gathering also features a series of Finale Drum Majors, Light Stick Mirror Dancers and Double Pinwheel Performers.
- Background Music:
- OPENING UNIT:
- MONSTER INC. UNIT:
- "Monsters, Inc. Theme" / "The Scare Floor"
- CARS UNIT:
- THE LITTLE MERMAID UNIT:
- PRINCESSES UNIT
- FROZEN UNIT:
- TOY STORY UNIT:
- FINALE UNIT:
Notes and References
- ↑ http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/watch-premiere-performances-of-paint-the-night-parade-and-disneyland-forever-fireworks-and-disneyland-resort-24-hour-event-live-on-disney-parks-blog/
- ↑ http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/01/paint-the-night-parade-disneyland-forever-fireworks-new-world-of-color-announced-for-disneyland-60th-anniversary-celebration/