|Mickey's Toontown Fair (now Storybook Circus)|
|Theme||Home for toons|
|Opening date|| June 18, 1988 (as Mickey's Birthdayland)|
May 26, 1990 (as Mickey's Starland)
October 1, 1996 (as Mickey's Toontown Fair)
|Closing date||February 11, 2011|
In September 2009, at the D23 Expo in Aneheim, California, it was announced that Fantasyland would be expanded to incorporate Disney Princess and Disney Fairies characters along with a larger, 3-ring circus area for the Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction. The expansion would require Mickey's Toontown Fair to be demolished to make room for the expansion. Mickey's Toontown Fair closed on February 12, 2011, to make room for the new expansion. Mickey, Minnie, and the Disney Princesses were moved throughout the park. The Walt Disney World Railroad station in Toontown is closed but the railroad itself will remain open.
- The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Mickey's Country House
- Minnie's Country House
- Judge's Tent
- Donald's Boat
- Toontown Hall of Fame
- Cornelius Coot's County Bounty
- Mickey's Toontown Fair Souvenirs
- Toontown Farmer's Market
Mickey's Toontown Fair closed permanently in February 2011 to make way for the expansion of New Fantasyland, which will be known as the Storybook Circus. Some elements of Mickey's Toontown Fair will be demolished and others will be re-themed to a new Storybook Circus area. An expanded Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride will be built in an interactive queue. The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm will be re-themed to The Great Goofini.
In popular culture
- Mickey's Toontown inspired an online role-playing game called Toontown Online, which was released in 2003. The online game is similar to Mickey's Toontown.
- In the Wii game Epic Mickey, OsTown was inspired by Mickey's Toontown. However, OsTown features more "dog-faces", two pirates, an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit fountain, and Clarabelle Cow.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Disney Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with the Disney Parks Wiki, the text of The Disney Wiki is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|