|Celebrate the Magic|
|Designer||Walt Disney Creative Entertainment|
|Attraction type||Multimedia and pyrotechnic show|
|Theme||Iconic moments from Disney films|
|Opening date||November 13, 2012|
|Closing date||November 3, 2016|
|Ride duration||10 minutes|
|Replaced||the Magic, the Memories, and You|
|Replaced by||Once Upon a Time|
Celebrate the Magic is a new nighttime spectacular at the Magic Kingdom park of Walt Disney World that premiered on November 13, 2012. It replaces the Magic, the Memories and You display, a similar show that ran at the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland from January 2011 to September 4, 2012. Celebrate the Magic takes place on Cinderella Castle and includes a contemporary musical score, pixel accurate projection mappings, pyrotechnics and lighting. A three-dimensional computer-generated rendering of Cinderella Castle was released by Disney in August 2012, revealing some of the various designs that will be displayed on the structure.
Tinker Bell introduces the show, as she appears flying over the castle's turrets. The castle is transformed into a paper canvas as Walt Disney appears sketching Mickey Mouse in his iconic Steamboat Willie appearance. Tinkerbell enchants a paintbrush, which then becomes the host of the show. A kaleidoscope featuring images of Mickey, Donald Duck and Goofy are projected followed soon after by short clips from Cinderella, Pinocchio and The Princess and the Frog. The show then progresses into longer, classic scenes from Disney films, including; Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo, Wreck-It Ralph, The Lion King, The Jungle Book, Toy Story, Pirates of the Caribbean and Brave. The show's climax features a fast-paced montage of characters and scenes from such other Disney films as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Mulan, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Pocahontas, The Sword in the Stone, Up, Peter Pan, The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Hercules, 101 Dalmatians and Tangled. During the montage Walt Disney appears again, via archival footage, reciting one of his most famous quotes; "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse." The show then proceeds into a synchronized fireworks finale.
Similar to its predecessor, Celebrate the Magic will showcase sequences from that will be appropriately themed to seasonal parts of the year. The show premiered with the original Christmas segment from The Magic, the Memories and You. The summer months will show films and shows such as The Little Mermaid, Lilo & Stitch, and Phineas and Ferb. in addition to segments featuring Disney Princesses for Valentine's Day and Disney Villains for Halloween are also shown, and in the winter, Frozen is showcased.
The summer edition debuted during the Monstrous Summer All-Nighter event on May 24, 2013 until August 31, 2013.  The Halloween edition featuring the Disney villains ran on September 1, 2013 until October 31, 2013. A new segment based on Frozen ran from November 17, 2013 until January 4, 2014.
- The beginning of the show has the famous scene from Steamboat Willie being drawn onto the castle, in a similar vein to the Walt Disney Animation Studios' on-screen logos.
- During its first shows during the winter, one of the appearances the castle takes is the Walt Disney World 25th anniversary "birthday cake" appearance.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ‘Once Upon A Time’ Projection Show Begins November 4 (en-us).
- ↑ Smith, Thomas. Nighttime Spectaculars: New ‘Celebrate the Magic’ Images, Expanded Seating for Fantasmic!. Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved on November 13, 2012.
- ↑ http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/celebrate-the-magic/news/10may2013-'celebrate-the-magic'-debuting-summer-edition-later-this-month.htm
- ↑ http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/08/disney-villains-invade-celebrate-the-magic-at-magic-kingdom-park/
- ↑ http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/11/frozen-segment-added-to-celebrate-the-magic-at-magic-kingdom-park/
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Celebrate the Magic. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Parks Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|