Be Our Guest Restaurant
December 6, 2012
Beauty and the Beast
The Be Our Guest Restaurant is a restaurant located at New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. The restaurant, part of the 2012 Fantasyland expansion, is themed after the 1991 movie Beauty and the Beast.
The Be Our Guest Restaurant does not have an exact menu yet, but several items have been confirmed.
- Steamed mussels
- Charcuterie plate
- Potato/leek soup
- French onion soup
- A salad with Champagne vinaigrette
- Salad Nicoise
- Croque Monsieur
- Carved turkey
- Steak sandwich
- Vegetable quiche
- Quinoa salad
- Thyme-scented porkchop with au gratin past
- Rotisserie hen with roasted potatoes
- Pan-seared salmon in leek fondue
- Grilled steak with pomme frites
- Sauted shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry and lobster sauce
- Grilled chicken
- Macaroni and cheese
- Cupcakes: Strawberry Cream Cheese,Triple Chocolate, Lemon Meringue
- Cream Puffs: Chocolate Cream puffs, Tropical Fruit Cream Puff, Lemon-Raspberry Cream Puff (Gluten-free and No Sugar Added)
- The "Grey Stuff"
One of the three dining rooms in the Be Our Guest Restaurant is the infamous West Wing. In Beauty and the Beast, the Beast forbids Belle from ever setting foot in the West Wing, but when Lumiere and Cogsworth give Belle the tour and wander off without her, she goes into the West Wing to look at the Beast's rose and gets caught.
Another one of the three dining rooms in the restaurant is the ballroom. In Beauty and the Beast, Lumiere and Cogsworth urge Beast to have a dance in the ballroom with Belle. Belle says yes, and dances with the Beast in the most famous scene of the movie while Mrs. Potts sings the song named after the movie.
Another one of the dining rooms is a portrait gallery, with pictures of characters from the movie, like Lumiere, Maurice, Gaston, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Belle, and the Beast. The gallery does not appear in Beauty and the Beast.