- January 6 - Rocket Jets is closed at Disneyland Park as part of the renovation of Tomorrowland. The ride is moved to the entrance of Tomorrowland, where it is now known as the Astro Orbitor. In the ride's former location is the Observatron, a kinetic sculpture which uses much of the Rocket Jets' structure.
- March - Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex opens at Walt Disney World Resort. Now known as the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, it hosts many amateur and professional sporting events.
- April 7 - Captain EO (opened 1986, reopened 2010) closes at Disneyland Park to be replaced by Honey, I Shrunk The Audience.
- April 15 - Honey, I Shrunk the Audience opens at Tokyo Disneyland.
- Circle-Vision 360 (opened 1955, as CircaRama) closes at Disneyland Park. The show building would be used as the lobby for Rocket Rods.