- April - The Story Book Shop on Main Street, U.S.A. closes at Disneyland.
- April 1 - Disney's Blizzard Beach opens at Walt Disney World Resort. It is the park's third water park, after Disney's River Country and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon.
- August 21 - The PeopleMover closes at Disneyland Park.
- Disney cancels its plans for WestCOT, an Epcot-type park which was planned to open adjacent to Disneyland. Disney California Adventure would open on the proposed WestCOT site in 2001. Part of the reason why Disney cancelled it's plans for WestCOT because of financial problems at Disneyland Paris.
- Star Tours at Disneyland Park ends its sponsorship with M&M's, which had been the ride's partner since its opening. A new sponsorship with Energizer begins the same year.
- The Videopolis (opened 1985) stage at Disneyland is dismantled. The area is renamed the Fantasyland Theatre.