- January - Disneyland is closed for inspection after the Northride earthquake. It is only the second of three unexpected closures in the park's history, the others occurring in 1963 and 2001.
- April 17 - In Anaheim, a 30-year-old man named Randle Charles falls approximately 20 feet from one of the Skyway cabins and landed in a tree near the "Alice in Wonderland" attraction. He was helped out of the tree by paramedics and taken to nearby Western Medical Center, where he was treated for minor injuries and released. Charles later filed a $25,000 negligence lawsuit against Disney, claiming that he had suffered permanent neck and back injuries as a result of his fall.
- July 6 - Captain EO (opened 1986, reopened 2010) closes in Future World at Epcot.
- November 9 - The Skyway between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland closes at Disneyland Park.
- November 21 - Honey, I Shrunk the Audience opens in the Imagination! in Future World at Epcot, replacing Captain EO.
- The Grand Prix Raceway in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom is renamed the "Tomorrowland Indy Speedway".
- Both the Magic Kingdom's and Disneyland Paris' versions of Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes (opened 1971 in FL, 1992 in Paris) are closed.