- January - Magic Journeys (opened 1984) leaves the Magic Eye Theater at Disneyland Park, to be replaced by Captain EO. The film is moved to Fantasyland and reopened in 1987.
- February 6 - Magic Journeys (opening-day attraction) leaves the Journey into Imagination pavilion at EPCOT Center, also to be replaced by Captain EO.
- September 12 - Captain EO (closed 1994, reopened 2010) opens for the first time at the Journey into Imagination pavilion at EPCOT Center.
- September 18 - Six days after it debuts at Epcot, Captain EO (closed 1997, reopened 2010) opens for the first time at the Magic Eye Theater in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park.
- The Golden Horseshoe Revue show (begun 1955) performs its final show at the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland at Disneyland. It is replaced by a similar show, the Golden Horseshoe Variety Show, which runs until 2003.